The company process Personal Information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI)
In terms of POPIA, a Responsible Party has a legal duty to process a Data Subject’s Personal Information in a lawful, legitimate and a responsible manner and in accordance with the provisions of POPIA.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company will only collect personal information with the purpose for which it is required. Personal information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 that the Company may collect, includes but is not limited to:
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by the Company. This information can include your: IP Address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, if applicable.
Use of Personal Information
The Company uses personal information primarily to:
- authenticate a user of the Website;
- provide a user with access to the Website;
- communicate requested information to the user;
- communicate with the Website stakeholders;
- provide services to the User as requested by the User;
- maintain the quality of the services provided by the Company;
- conduct research about programs / services offered by the Company; and
- provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
The Company will not sell, rent or lease personal information to third parties. The Company will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the provisions of any law in force from time to time or comply with legal process served on the Company or the Website;
- protect and defend the rights or property of the Company; and
- to protect the personal safety of users of the Company, or the public.
Security of Personal Information
The Company will take all reasonable measures in line with any law and / or the Company’s policies to ensure that personal information is protected and secured during collection, storage, transfer, processing and use of personal information.
Contact Person Information
Any questions relating to the Company’s treatment of personal information may be addressed to the contact details below:
High Power Equipment Africa Managing Director
Email Address: Ross.Collard@hpeafrica.co.za
Telephone Number: 083 327 4176