“This tough machine, known for safe and efficient operation in applications with steep terrain, has been specifically modified to cope with demanding uphill and downhill extractions of lumber,” says Alex Ackron, managing director of HPE Africa, exclusive distributors for Hyundai Construction Equipment in Southern Africa. “Hintech Manufacturing’s modification of this machine comprised the addition of a timber winch, and HT Eagle Cam and an extended front tower, complete with a rotational pulley, and external cab protection.
“All modifications of Hyundai equipment for forestry applications are customised through close consultation between experts from HPE Africa, Hintech Manufacturing and the end user, to meet exact operational and safety requirements.
“Benefits of customised forest harvesting solutions include improved safety in steep, slippery and remote locations and fast cable yarding set-ups for greater productivity. Other advantages are easy mobility, precision control and low maintenance requirements.”
Hintech Forestry manufactured this HT shovel yarder 300 HLS – mounted on a new Hyundai R220LC-9S excavator – for Mandla Nxumalo, owner of Timber Logging Services, a contractor for SAPPI in the Mamre area, Mpumalanga.
TLS opted for this Hyundai HT shovel yarder, as these machines are proven to be robust and simple to operate, with a high production vs cost ratio.
HT shovel yarders are available in different specifications to suit customers particular needs, for uphill and downhill operation, as well as a dedicated uphill configuration – specifically for high-leading and sky-lining operations.
The most recent forestry operational upgrades consist of:
- “HT One Touch” – programmable settings specific to the terrain, for improved productivity and reduced operator fatigue.
- “HT Auto Stop T Carriage” – increases the speed of turns by up to 30%.
- “HT Skyline Spec” – designed for machines bigger than 30 T, with advantages for scavenging “blom pot” areas at up to 500 meters.
- “HT Eagle Cam” – a 3-point camera system for enhanced safety and more efficient operation on steep terrain.
- “HT Elevate” – a raised cabin for improved operator visibility.
HPE Africa – sole distributor in Southern Africa for Hyundai Construction Equipment, as well as McCloskey crushing and screening units and Soosan hydraulic hammers – offers national sales, spares, technical, maintenance and repair services.